Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Hidden Gems: Underrated NFL Draft Picks Who I expect to shine bright

Jets Soar to New Heights: Jordan Travis Set to control the New York offense! Coming from Tallahassee, Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis is headed to play for the New York Jets this upcoming season, being the 171st pick in the draft. While I am an FSU fan so I may be biased, I truly did believe he would have gotten picked earlier into the draft. While Travis will sit under both Aaron Rogers and Tyrod Taylor, I imagine Taylor needing Travis, more than Travis needing him. While Travis’s final season was cut short due to breaking his leg, he is not your average system QB. Travis is the only player in FSU history with more than 50 passing touchdowns and at least 12 rushing touchdowns. His insanely good accuracy and his mechanics lead to him getting the ball out in time while his quickness and competitive nature makes him a threat on the field no matter the opponent. I hope and feel Travis will make a name for himself in New York. 

With the luck of the Irish: Notre Dame Running Back gets drafted to the Denver Broncos!: Born and raised in New York, the St. Joe’s alumni, Audric Estime was drafted late into the game. Estime is a big runner with the core strength to push the pile when he doesn’t get an opening. Even though he is a big guy, he has enough speed to fake out defenders and score for his team. While only being a sophomore, Estime led the Fighting Irish in rushing for the second straight season, running 1341 in 2024. Very similar to my FSU biases, I am also a Notre Dame fan so I may be exaggerating but Estime truly is a beast on the field as many people in New Jersey have faced off against him. 

Commanders Sign Sam Hartman: Another QB hopes to steer Washington to Victory!: While the Fighting Irish quarterback was not picked up in the draft, he was signed immediately after by the Commanders as a free agent. While many joked if Hartman was not drafted he could become a model for his long hair and beard, I did not want that to be the case. Hartman ended his final two seasons with Wake Forest, with a total of 7,929 pass yards and 77 touchdowns. Hartman has been featured in big games, including the 2021 ACC championship, and won MVP honors in the Gator and Gasparilla bowls. But unfortunately for the transfer student from Wake Forest University, Hartman will sit under Jayden Daniels, the number two pick out of LSU. I do believe the Commanders will give Hartman a good amount of playtime for his first year but we won’t be seeing the same side of him that we saw at Notre Dame.