Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Fair Lawn Borough modified Nabisco demolition plan

On Apr 22, 2024, the Fair Lawn Borough announced that the demolition would resume and non-explosives would be used to demolish the building.

“I think the borough did the right thing by deciding to use non-explosives because if they used explosives it would’ve affected Fair Lawn and Glen Rock transport and air quality,” a sophomore from Fair Lawn High School stated.

The famous Nabisco building located in Fair Lawn is known for producing Oreo cookies and Ritz Crackers along with other snacks you would see in a typical grocery store since 1958. On April 11, 2023, the Fair Lawn Borough presented the plan for the 40-acre land and they decided to add fences, trees, and other structures that would enhance the community.

“Please be advised that the implosion of the former Nabisco property scheduled for Saturday, April 15 has been postponed. A new date and time has not been scheduled.” According to the Borough of Fair Lawn, the demolition was paused on May 5, 2023.

The reason why the demolition didn’t occur is that explosives were going to be used to demolish the building which was a risk to the public since debris could affect your health. The demolition would also occur on a school day which means it would affect the commute for kids who live closer to Route 208 which is where Nabisco is located. This new plan will help schools stay open and improve public safety in the area.