Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

What to watch during March Madness!

1. Cinderella Stories
In the past few years, Cinderella stories have been the biggest part of college sports. Fans love a good Cinderella story seeing a lower-seeded team making a deep run or an underdog reaching the Final Four. In 2022, St. Peter’s University had insane victories over several heavy favorites; eight-time champion Kentucky, Purdue and its dominant 7’4” Zach Edey and Murray State. St. Peters became the first 15 seed to ever reach the final 8. St. Peters will definitely be the center of attention after their return this year, hoping to repeat this upset.

2. Bracket Busters
Similar to Cinderella stories, teams that are expected to outperform their seeding and potentially make a deep run in the tournament. These teams will break the brackets of many March Madness fans. Previously in 2023, Fairleigh Dickinson University (a 16 seed) upset Purdue in the round of 64. 98.7% of CBS brackets selected Purdue to defeat FDU while just 0.4% picked FDU to reach the Sweet 16. FDU’s wild win broke the final perfect bracket of the March Madness season. Keep an eye out for new bracket busters and major upsets!

3. Iowa and Caitlin Clark
After 2023, the attention Iowa’s women’s basketball has received has skyrocketed all thanks to number 22. 6 foot Caitlin Clark has set new records and standards for women’s sports and March madness. This Iowa team has won the Big 10 and is set to go very far in the NCAA tournament. Clark, Kylie Feuerbach and Kate Martin are a MUST watch this March Madness season.

4. University of Connecticut
UConn is a very popular pick to claim a sixth overall title and become the first team to repeat as NCAA champion since Florida in 2006-07. As of March 13, 2024, Both UConn teams have won the Big East and are expected to have a large success rate in the NCAA tournament. UConns strong offense and defense creates an eye catcher for the public and basketball fans alike.