Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Fall in Glen Rock

The cooling weather, changing leaves, and new flavored drinks are surrounding our town as fall begins. As the September back-to-school time ends and we move into October, there is the growing excitement of fall sports, major holidays, and finally getting into the groove of school. 

Of course, everyone has their favorite season, but Glen Rock seems to be especially busy this time of year. Different events such as the club walk around, picture day, sports games, and back-to-school night are happening every week. There is something for every age group; the October street fair is a great event for younger kids, there are pumpkin patches and tours of the beautiful arboretum perfect for families, and of course all of the amazing fall sports. 

Sixteen-year-old sophomore, Carolyn Piccininni, has lived in Glen Rock her whole life. “I’ve lived in Glen Rock for sixteen years,” Piccininni said with a playful smile. “I always look forward to the cool weather in fall. I also love the changing leaves and the town’s ‘new’ look.” 

In elementary school, Piccinni was a part of the Central School dance team and has a lot of fond memories of putting on the Thanksgiving play. Piccininni spoke about especially loving fall when she was in elementary school. “A really distinct memory I have is playing in the leaves on the playground at Central School,” she said passionately.  

Sophomore Lily Bell also spoke about her love of fall holidays. “Fall overall is just a really fun season. You have holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving which are always cool,” she said. “I love Thanksgiving, my whole family and I do it together and it is always great to see everyone.” Bell expressed warmth for this time of year.

Piccininni also enjoys the fall holidays. Similar to Bell, she said that when she was younger her favorite holiday was Thanksgiving but as Piccininni got older, it became Halloween because she likes dressing up and going out with friends. 

The town also loves these holidays. Of course, not all of Glen Rock celebrates Halloween but towards the end of October, the “spooky” decorations take over and the houses look like something out of Halloweentown

When asked about things they would change about Glen Rock in the fall, both Piccininni and Bell said there is nothing they’d do differently and they love everything that happens. Our town is a wonderful place to be, especially this time of year!