Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Westfield Garden State Plaza breaking ground new “Luxury Apartments” in 2024

Photo Credit: VisitTheUSA

Recently, developer Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) and its vice developer, Mill Creek Residential (MCR) made a press release about new “luxury apartments” within walking distance away from Westfield Garden State Plaza. The luxury apartments be 5 stories high and have 550 residential units with convenient retail & dining options that are easily accessible. The new project will include an NJ Transit Bus Terminal to support those who live in the apartments getting to locations further away from Paramus and heading towards New York City. This residential area is going under construction this year and is set to open in 2027.

Westfield Garden State Plaza also known as, “GSP”, is a beloved mall in Bergen County that was opened on May 1, 1957. The inside of the mall is over 2 million square feet big and has 10,796 parking spaces and public transportation that arrives there.

The main concern was traffic control, because of how busy Garden State Plaza already is. It was confusing as to why would this project be made since it would make it harder to leave and enter the mall. However, PR agent Megan Redzia stated “The project has been reviewed by the NJDOT (New Jersey Department of Transportation) as well as Bergen County with “no adverse impact findings when it comes to traffic.” So, traffic won’t necessarily increase because of this project but it won’t decrease either.

This new addition to the mall is made to target the “youth” because of the variety of activities surrounding the residential area that target college students and people seeking innovative jobs around the area. This is especially beneficial to students who want to live in an area near the city but not in it so it makes it convenient to commute whenever you want and wherever you want.

Overall, this new addition could significantly increase attraction towards the mall because of new retail stores and housing that will be sold.