Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Auditorium shut down for stage repairs

The auditorium at Glen Rock is a crucial part of the school building. All important assemblies, school meetings, and productions are held in it. It’s one of the only places that can fit the entire student body and staff. 

On Tuesday, January 16th, the auditorium was shut down due to an emergency with the stage. Everything stopped when an inspection took place and realized there was an issue with the rigging of the backdrops that get put up during performances. 

To no fault of the school, it wasn’t built properly and the support for the curtains wasn’t sturdy enough to uphold the weight, luckily this issue was found and is being fixed as quickly as possible. 

However, it is creating a disturbance in the student/staff life as assemblies cannot be held and are being canceled. Most rehearsals for the upcoming musical are being done in the few feet of space between the stage and the first row of chairs.

The cast is concerned regarding whether the stage and curtains will be fixed in time for opening night. There are solutions such as postponing or doing it at a different school, but it would be a big inconvenience for the cast and crew.

“We won’t be able to apply [our practice] on stage until the week of the show which is really scary. But it’ll work out,” said senior Giulia Beaudoin who is the stage manager for the theater company. Plans seem to be in the works for a safe, temporary fix that will allow the musical to be held in the high school.