Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Trending Halloween costumes of 2023

Halloween has always been the time of year for people to dress up as their favorite character or someone that people are inspired by. This could be something like a favorite football player, actress, movie character, or even someone political. Every year one or a few costumes are seen more than the rest, shown as a pattern of what is popular that year. For example, in 2022 Spider-Man was one of the top 2 costumes because of the movie, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” which was released the same year, according to CNN.com.

The trending Halloween costumes of 2023 have been determined in Glen Rock High School through a survey that was released to about 35 students. Many people thought that Barbie and Ken, Victoria’s Secret Angels, or Taylor Swift would be the most popular costumes for this year because they have gone viral in one way or another, but Barbie was by far the most-voted costume.

The new movie starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, which took over the movie industry, has received an 88% in rotten tomatoes. This was the highest-grossing movie of 2023, reaching 1.3 billion dollars in profit already. This movie made men and women all around America fill the theatres and embrace their inner pink. Barbie has given people many new costume ideas such as her roller skating jumpsuit and pink cowgirl two-piece, which Spirt Halloween has already released. This movie has targeted the problematic stereotypes against women that go overlooked today. These costumes have become a way for women to express their emotions and relate more to the characters. 

Many people expected Barbie to be the number one Halloween costume this year. The majority of the responses overall stated that they didn’t mind the fact that Barbie was catching onto society’s top trending Halloween costumes so quickly. For example, multiple people replied with, “Yes I think it makes sense because the Barbie movie is really popular and is included in many pop-culture references” Most of the replies were positive saying they liked Barbie being the #1 costume this year, but some students felt that it was basic and not original enough compared to the endless possibilities of costumes. Though some people might not agree with the unoriginality of it, Barbie has taken over October 2023.