Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

New faculty members at GRHS; Let’s meet them!

Over the past few days, I had the pleasure of sitting down with a few new faculty members at GRHS. Let’s meet them!

Ms. Unalp is one of our new science teachers. Her college education started at Montclair State University in 2006 where she received her undergraduate degree in Biology. She then returned for a Master’s in Education in 2013 and again for a Master’s in Molecular Biology. Ms. Unalp previously taught at Newark High School and Weehawken High School before entering the Glen Rock school district. She is also an adjunct professor at Bergen Community College and has been so since 2016. She teaches CP Biology and AP Biology now at Glen Rock High School. “I want to try and build a level of confidence and self-assuredness and let go of negative talk,” she says,

Mr. Sartorio grew up and attended high school in South Jersey, then attended Drew University to receive his Bachelor’s in English and Theater. Before teaching, he worked in the theater industry in Florida as a stage manager. He then returned to Drew University to receive his Master’s in Teaching, English, Theater, and Special Education. He began his teaching career as a student teacher at Columbia High School, then moved on to Glen Rock High School. Here, he teaches Honors Contemporary Fiction, CP Contemporary Fiction, Theater I, and Theater II. Mr. Sartorio’s message to the students of GRHS is that all skills that are taught in the English classroom will be useful in college and life. 

Ms. Calderone is one of GRHS’s newest guidance counselors. She received her BA in Psychology at William Paterson, then went on to get a Master’s in Counseling at Montclair State University. She was fascinated at a young age by how the mind works and understanding why people act in certain ways. She also loved the idea of developing good relationships with her students. Before working at GRHS, Ms. Caledrone was a counselor at Wallington High School. A message she wishes the student body to learn is, “You’re going to struggle and it’s okay to struggle and just own it. Things are always going to get better.” 

Ms. Moleen is our new Latin teacher this year. She now teaches all the Latin classes, including AP Latin. She attended Rutgers University and studied Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations. Now, she is currently getting her Master’s degree in Classical Studies at Villanova. Mythology and Roman History piqued her interest when she was young and now she enjoys teaching it. Before coming to GRHS, she taught at West Essex High School. Her positive message to the school community is to never give up. 

There are plenty more new staff to be introduced, so come back soon to find out more about all the new teachers!