Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

5 Fall Activities That Will Kickstart Your Fall Season

The fall season is a time for pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin picking. While many fall activities have fallen victim to a cliche stereotype, here are five fall activities that will kickstart your fall season.

Hayrides and Pumpkin Picking at Abma’s

A New Jersey classic is spending a cool, fall day at Abma’s. Whether it’s pumpkin picking, sipping a warm cup of homemade apple cider, or feeding baby animals, Abma’s Farm screams picture-perfect fall. Free admission makes this experience a must on the October calendar for you and all your friends. With close proximity to Glen Rock, it is an easily accessible destination for a quick weekend trip. 

Great Pumpkin Blaze

Returning for its 19th year, the famous Great Pumpkin Blaze is an eye-catching experience that will make you rethink your annual Jack-O-Lantern carving. Maxing out at over 7,000 carefully carved pumpkins, the breathtaking scenes do not disappoint. A little spooky and a little cozy this event spans over a mile and is located on the grounds of one of the oldest manors in the tri-state area a quick drive from downtown Sleepy Hollow. The tickets are $39-$47, depending on age, and the event takes place all throughout the fall.

Grounds for Sculpture

For nature lovers, Grounds for Sculpture is an outdoor museum showcasing large-scale contemporary sculptures. Quite close to perfect for an October day, the outdoor sculpture garden is both sensational and alluring. The duration of the drive from Glen Rock is just under an hour and a half. If you’re looking to take a scenic approach (that’s also free) to celebrate the fall season, this is definitely the place for you.

Paint ghosts into old thrift store pictures

After going viral on TikTok, this fall trend has been all anyone can talk about. The objective: pick a picturesque painting from the thrift store (preferably one that is under $10) and add spooky little ghosts throughout. Luckily, we have many thrift stores in our area such as American Thrift and Value Village. While simple and slightly childish, this trend has taken the fall lover community by storm, almost selling out all paintings in thrift stores. My suggestion: grab a few friends, some fall snacks, and ghostify your thrift store findings. It doesn’t take an artist, so don’t let a lack of artistic talent stop you.  

Board Night with Friends Fall Theme

If you haven’t heard of a charcuterie board by now, you have a bigger problem than finding a fall activity to do. But if you have, here’s the perfect fall twist on the delicious food boards: an autumn-themed board night where you and a group of friends or family members designate a person for each board category. The categories are where you can get creative, but here are some of my favorites: pumpkin dessert board, harvest fruit board, spooky snack board, apple cider drink board, etc. Trader Joe’s specifically has some great options if you’re specifically looking for autumn snacks. This is a great idea if you are a person who likes to stay in and doesn’t want to have to deal with the seasonal crowds.