Church Service During and After Christmas
All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glen Rock, NJ
Enter
keywords

Rock Kitchens Rockin’ Rebrand

Rock Kitchen has been a staple of Glen Rock for many years now. Their available breakfasts are always a delicious option for avid town goers, and their sandwich selection is nothing short of mouthwatering. If you thought their lineup could not get better, I’m happy to say you would be mistaken. 

With the recent exit of Marc’s Cheesecake from his landmark location at the top of Rock Road, many of us have been left with a hole in our hearts that only delicious ice cream could fill. Those at Rock Kitchen must have heard our cries because they introduced the soft opening of a creamery attached to their store just three weeks ago. Not only has the menu seen a change, but the store has a different feel entirely. 

Their new pun-filled ice cream flavors include Cotton Candy Crush, Glen Rocky Road, Rolling in the Cookie Dough, and more. This addition also brought some new specialty sandwiches to the shop, only adding to their extensive list of signature dishes. 

The response from the public has been overwhelmingly positive. The high school has been buzzing since the announcement was made, and the store is clearly more busy than usual. High school senior Misha Choi visited the shop the other day and had this to say about it. “I just love their bacon, egg, and cheese. They’re so good. I also love the mac and cheese balls, I just had them last week.” Others tried the ice cream and were happy to report that it had a lot to offer. “Wowie“ said senior student Eamon Smith. “The ice cream was Rockin, especially the Glen Rocky Road. I even had a sandwich before, so good for real.” 

With excitement and anticipation, I decided to pay the kitchen a visit and see if their rebrand was worth all the hype. I tried the Goosie sandwich and their Go Shorty It’s Your Birthday Cake flavor of ice cream. I’m happy to say my experience met expectations, especially in the sandwich department. That being said, while there is no denying the originality of their ice cream, there is definitely something to be desired. This, I believe, will not last long and they will only improve their techniques and the quality. 

Undoubtedly, this new addition is a big improvement to Glen Rock town, and it is something a lot of us high school students can look forward to. If you get the chance, do yourself a favor and come grab flavor to savor at Rock Kitchen and Creamery!