Theatre Company rehearses Pride & Prejudice

Seniors+Andrew+Bober+and+Zoe+Shea+pose+in+front+of+the+Theatre+Company+bulletin+board.+They+are+playing+Mr.+Darcy+and+Elizabeth+Bennet.+The+bulletin+board+has+been+redecorated+this+year+by+Theatre+Company+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors Andrew Bober and Zoe Shea pose in front of the Theatre Company bulletin board. They are playing Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. The bulletin board has been redecorated this year by Theatre Company students.

Photo Credit: Madelyn Willoughby

Photo Credit: Madelyn Willoughby

Photo Credit: Madelyn Willoughby

by Madelyn Willoughby, Copy Editor

The Theatre Company is currently rehearsing Pride & Prejudice for their performances on November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

The cast did an initial read through of the Pride & Prejudice script on September 12th and 13th and learned about its time period on September 20th. Montalbano was inspired to choose Pride & Prejudice because of its influential literary background and the many female roles in the story. “It’s an interesting approach to what it means to be feminine and what it means to be a woman and have power,” Montalbano said.

The Theatre Company has restarted its social media pages on Instagram and Facebook. On Instagram it can be found at @grhstheatrecompany, and a Facebook event for the show has been created. These pages are run by juniors Sofia Nolfo and Caroline Torpey. Montalbano said that she is excited about having these pages and is impressed by the students’ skills in social media.

Nolfo said that she is happy to be a part of a new form of advertising for the Theatre Company. “I think it’s really important that we get the word out to people that we’re doing these shows,” Nolfo said, “and so much of that can be done on social media now.” Torpey agreed that spreading this news is important and that she is happy to be doing it through social media.

Montalbano said that the play is as student run as possible, including a student stage manager, choreographer, technical manager, and makeup artist. In addition to these roles there are students in charge of the costumes, social media pages, posters, and advertising.

The Theatre Company will also be putting on a collection of one-act plays in the spring that will be directed by students. At the end of the year, the Theatre Company will have its annual Playwriting Workshop in which students learn how to write their own plays. Students are also given an opportunity to act in their peers’ plays.

Pride & Prejudice tickets will be available at the door for each of its performances on November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

About the Contributor
Madelyn Willoughby, Copy Editor

Madelyn Willoughby is a junior at Glen Rock High School and this is her second year working for the Glen Echo. In her free time she works with the Glen...